The UltraLo-1800 is a windowless, ultra low background alpha particle counter designed to measure the alpha particle emissivity of solid materials.
- Electronic Background Suppression: Dramatically reduces counting times; measure ULA samples in hours or days, not weeks or months.
- Advanced sample analysis: Energy information allows for the identification of isotopes on sample surfaces
- Complete instrument control via CounterMeasure: Run management, data analysis, system health metrics, and much more.
CounterMeasure // Control Software
CounterMeasure – the interface to the UltraLo-1800 system – is a powerful data collection, analysis, and instrument control application. The software capabilities include the display of: energy spectra, time stamped events, system health metrics, measurement error evolution, and much more. Sophisticated yet intuitive, this tool provides users with unique insights into their alpha particle emission measurments.
- Robust Data Management: Easily access and review both current and historical measurement data.
- Data Export: Generate and save datasets in convenient ASCII format.
- Report Generation: Save measurement results to PDF reports.
CounterMeasure in action (accelerated time lapse)
Measurement Data Display Capabilities: Emissivity & Alpha Counts
Estimate of sample emissivity (with error bars) is continuously updated as the measurement proceeds.
Sample alpha counts time stamped throughout measurement.
Measurement Data Display Capabilities: Energy Spectra
- Amplitude of signals is proportional to alpha particle energy deposited in gas.
- The UltraLo measures the energy of every alpha particle and generates energy spectra for every sample measured.
- Identify surface vs bulk contamination issues.